DONATION CENTER DRIVER ASSISTANT
STANDING TOGETHER TO DEFEND POTENTIAL: In a world of causes, Big Brothers Big Sisters makes a difference by creating professionally supported, one-to-one Matches for kids and teens who want to realize their full potential. Over 1,200 Matches (Bigs & Littles) get together every week in Kansas City. Research proves that children enrolled in BBBSKC programs are more likely to improve in school and in their relationships with family and friends and are less likely to skip school or use illegal drugs or alcohol.
Big Brothers Big Sisters Donation Center collects used, unwanted clothing and small household items on behalf of Big Brothers Big Sisters. These items are purchased by thrift store partners. Proceeds benefit BBBSKC mentoring programs. To date, Big Brothers Big Sisters Donation Center has generated millions of dollars in funding.
BBBSKC has been recognized as a leader in the non-profit industry and in the national BBBS network; winning the National Large Agency of the Year and Gold Standard Award in 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2017. Other awards include: NAIA Company of Character, Ingram’s Magazine & KC Magazine’s Best Non-Profit, and the Non-Profit Times Best Non-Profit to Work for in America. Our mission and reputation attract a very talented pool of employees and our culture helps us retain that talent.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Donation Center Driving Assistant is a full-time, non-exempt position that will work directly with our Donation Center Drivers to load and unload donation bins from across the Kansas City Metro area.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Donation Center Drivers with emptying bins at various locations across Kansas and Missouri.
- Load product into truck/trailer.
- Unload product out of truck.
- Construct gaylords.
- Sort product.
- Effectively communicate with Supervisors on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to lift 35 lbs repeatedly.
- Able to be in prolonged hot and/or cold weather.
- Kneeling, squatting, crawling, and stooping.
- Prolonged periods of walking, standing, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling.
Our ideal candidate would be extremely dependable, responsible, punctual, honest and have the highest integrity. The position requires the ability to have flexibility to meet changing time and demands of the job. Candidates must be able to adhere to all safety procedures. Candidates should be prepared and flexible to perform associated and related job functions that are not specifically identified. Candidate should be a team player and willing to assist our full team of Donation Center Drivers.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Valid driver’s license required
- Ability to obtain a Class E license upon hire
- Required to pass a background check and drug test
- CDL or previous commercial driving experience a plus
- Reliable transportation to and from work required
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Kansas City (BBBSKC) believes that diversity, equity and inclusion are essential parts of our mission to defend, ignite and empower potential for youth in our community.
- We pledge to embrace true representation in our brand, diversity of people and perspectives, and inclusion in all areas of our organization so we can make a generational impact on our community through life-changing friendships.
- We value DEI by incorporating it into who we are, our core belief patterns, our daily work, our strategic goals, our support and training programs and through the leadership of the agency. We welcome, encourage and desire diverse candidates for all of our job openings.
STARTING SALARY RANGE
$17 per hour plus benefits
Schedule could vary slightly daily/weekly, but on average availability between 7AM - 5PM Monday - Friday, no weekends.
Effective September 13th, 2021, BBBS requires all new hires be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. Prospective employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Moderna or Pfizer) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson). BBBS will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause BBBS undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
BBBSKC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
BBBSKC is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.