PRIMARY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The BAC Office of Student Life is a small, but comprehensive department developing student leadership and engaging the student body of about 700 with co/extracurricular activities and events. The position is ideal for an entry level professional with an interest in many facets of student life.
The position Coordinator of the Office of Student Life is a full time exempt position of 40 hours per week providing support for the Office of Student Life (OSL Hours are flexible, and include some evening and weekend hours corresponding to events). This position reports to the Manager of the Office of Student Life. The position collaboratively participates in the vision and strategy of the Office of student life with the OSL team and student leadership.
- Create a welcoming visible presence for the department. Serve as point of contact for faculty, staff, and students on email, in person and remotely. Assist students in navigating BAC departments and processes.
- Participate in the creation and leadership of regular calendar of campus traditions and events. Plan, assist with logistics, provide day-of support for events. Collaborate with necessary to create twice yearly orientations run onsite and online as needed and utilizing the Guidebook smartphone app. Hire and train Orientation Leaders, and from this group mentor “Beekepers” who have the additional role of connecting with at risk incoming students.
- Collaborate with students and OSL staff on departmental initiatives and projects
- Oversee student facing communications/campus publicity. Working with the Office of Student Life and other BAC departments, promote community events, both off campus and on through a weekly emailed all-student newsletter, social media, and BAC screens, posters, etc. Work with the OSL team and students leaders/workers Keep department website pages current.
- Oversee OSL services for students: Coordinate locker assignments and cleanouts, discount T Pass Program for student body, elections for student organizations, supply orders for Office of Student Life (Sketchbooks for NSO, giveaway items, etc);
- Participate in the leadership of New Student Orientation In coordination with the Manager of Student Life, assist in creating twice yearly orientations run onsite and online as needed, utilizing and updating the Guidebook smartphone app. Participate in the training and supervision of Orientation Leaders.
- Participate in the supervision of student workers including Federal Work Study, Community Fellows Orientation Leaders, and “Beekeepers” This includes onboarding, regular organization meetings, tracking of employment paperwork and periodic performance evaluations.
- Housing Oppportunities Collaborate on potentially expanded OSLhousing/residence hall options, and the necessary additional staff and resources that would need to be put in place.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager of the Office of Student Life
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Federal Workstudy positions.
Team and Interpersonal Skills: Success in this position requires proven ability to develop professional positive rapport with other team members including support staff and senior staff.
Service Orientation: Success in this position requires a service-oriented perspective in which, to the greatest extent possible, students and other employees are treated in such a way as to feel valued and well served in their contacts with the facilities team as a professional representative of the BAC.
Confidentiality and Discretion: Success in this position requires the ability not only to maintain the confidentiality of student and employee records, but also the ability to discern when it is appropriate to divulge privileged, if not necessarily confidential, information.