The Operations Support manager will manage the day-to-day operational support for program activities, including finance, logistics and procurement, and Human Resources in the Shire field office. Collaborates with the Field Coordinator and Medical Coordinator to ensure effective communication and cooperation between programs and operational support functions in Shire.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to Love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting World.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Supervise all financial activities to ensure all cash management needs, reporting deadlines and internal and external audit requirements are met.
- Ensures all funding monitoring reports are accurate and submitted in a timely manner,
- Ensure all internal financial controls are in place and that Medical Teams International and donor guidelines are followed
- Manage and track expenditure of assigned budget, ensuring that spending is in accordance with donor requirements and time frames and notifying the relevant field managers of any necessary adjustments.
Logistics & Procurement:
- Ensures management of field office warehouses, procurement processes, and fleet management in close collaboration with the Field Coordinator
- Ensure there are appropriate process in places for monitoring, consolidation, distribution and replenishment of pharmaceuticals, medical supplies, consumables, and non-medical items
- Responsible for ensuring all fleet management needs for program activity, including contingency planning in case of fuel shortages and rapid re-locations are planned and met
- Liaise with senior management to ensure implementation of logistics and procurement function in the field office.
- Ensure the smooth running of the assigned base including staff supervision, maintenance, and liaison with landlords, contractors, and suppliers.
- Ensures, in conjunction with the logistics officer, that all contracts with local suppliers or contractors are being managed effectively.
- Monitor that regular computer back-ups, virus updates and routine maintenance are carried out and provide IT troubleshooting if required.
- Responsible for management of communications equipment working closely with Field Coordinator and Access Officer.
- Oversee all human resource activities, supporting line managers as required in areas such as recruitment, induction, training, performance management, disciplinary action, and ensures implementation of all Human Resource policies in the field office.
- Supports HR/Admin Officer and Program staff to develop and implement a staff capacity building strategy
- Liaise with HR Manager to ensure all national and international legal requirements relating to employment are adhered to, including contracts, statutory deductions, record keeping, etc.
- Ensure compensation policies and practices are administered to support internal equity, market competitiveness and policy adherence for Shire staff.
- Liaise with Finance Officer to ensure payroll is administered in a timely and accurate manner.
- Leads the operations team and oversees its functions, resources, and outputs.
- Supervision of Logistics Officer and HR Officer
- Coordinate closely with Medical Coordinator and Field Coordinator to ensure continuous support for program activities
- Develops optimal communication plan to support operations of the head office and field offices.
- Maintains strong working relationships with all other country management team members.
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.