Key Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Attitudes
The position requires:
- Overall broad legal knowledge in the field of real estate or construction law, or contracting mechanisms for renewable energy projects
- Demonstrated ability to provide business-oriented legal advice;
- Excellent business judgment and appropriate decision-making ability;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills combined with attention to detail and thoroughness;
- Proven ability to “roll up” her/his sleeves and get involved at a detailed level;
- Strong communication skills; ability to present clear and practical legal arguments;
- Ability to influence others and to gain support for his/her ideas;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a capacity to build strong working relationships across the organization; and
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment and to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- A seasoned attorney with a minimum of three (3) years of experience practicing law, including training at a law firm recognized for its real estate or renewable energy practice.
- Solid grounding and experience drafting and negotiating PPA and Solar Lease Agreements would be a plus.
- Possession of a Juris Doctorate issued by a law school accredited by the American Bar Association and a member in good standing of the Massachusetts Bar.
About Solect Energy
Solect Energy of Hopkinton, Mass., is one of the top ten commercial solar developers in the U.S., according to Solar Power World. The company provides commercial and industrial businesses, cities and towns, and nonprofits throughout New England and Illinois with customized strategies for improving their businesses through solar. Solect’s services include solar financing, design, engineering, installation, operations and maintenance services, and system monitoring. The company installs rooftop and canopy systems, as well as solar energy storage systems that provide businesses with peak load reduction and emergency backup electricity in the case of power outages. Solect has installed more than 550 projects totaling more than 120 megawatts. The company, which was founded in 2009, employs approximately 70 people. For more information, visit us at solect.com.
Solect Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status, citizenship, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition to a disease, lawful off-duty conduct or political activities, or any other legally protected status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, leave of absence, compensation, and training. Discrimination based on any of the above groups is strictly prohibited.