GENERAL FUNCTIONS: Provide individuals and families who have experienced sexual violence and/or intimate partner violence, support by providing assistance navigating the legal system and filing an emergency protective order, accompaniment to court, safety planning, empathetic response to their needs and connection to other community resources.
- Offer support to clients with filling out and filing Emergency Protective Orders
- Attend weekly EPO court in Floyd and Clark county
- Conduct assessments, intakes and follow-up for those in need of services
- Partner with clients to establish safety plans, strengths and needs, create a case plan, coordinate transportation, accompaniment to appointments and offer referrals and resources
- Facilitate support and psychoeducational groups
- Establish and nurture partnerships with other community service providers, law enforcement, judges, attorney’s and other courthouse personnel
- Provide professional training to law enforcement and other providers within the legal system
- Coordinate interactions and activities that contribute to safe, stable, nurturing environments
- Other duties as assigned
DISCLAIMER: The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position.