This is fulltime benefit eligible position
We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals to apply.
Perks of working for Minnesota Community Care
- We cover 70% of your medical and dental benefits
- Career Advancement fund opportunities after 1 year of employment
- Student loan forgiveness opportunities for some roles
- Reduced cost on metro transit
- Our staff thrive in an environment where uplifting each other is one of our core values
The receptionist is a key role in the welcoming experience to Minnesota Community Care. Greet, register, schedule patients and complete appointment confirmation calls. Update patient identification, demographics, and insurance information. Print forms and schedules, collect fees as appropriate. Serves as a liaison between patient and clinical staff.
• Create a welcoming experience for all patients entering the building.
• Maintain confidentiality of all patient information in alignment with HIPAA regulations.
• Register new patients and assist them in completing registration forms.
• Obtain and enter accurate demographic information into organization’s EHR.
• Verify insurance and provide information regarding MCC’s discount program.
• Collect, record payments and discuss financial arrangements with patients.
• Schedule appointments using MCC’s scheduling protocols
As Minnesota's largest Federally Qualified Health Center, Minnesota Community Care ensures that the communities we serve have access to high quality and affordable health care.
Approximately 87% of our patients in the 2019 calendar year were people of color from Asian, African American, American Indian or Latino communities, and 98% of our patients had incomes below 200% of federal poverty guidelines.