This is a full time benefits eligible position. You must be bi-lingual Spanish/English speaking.
Receptionists at Minnesota Community Care are responsible for aiding and directing patients with the registration process. They are responsible for greeting, registering, and directing patients throughout their time at our clinics.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Greet patients in a prompt, courteous manner.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating accurate demographic information into organization’s EHR.
- Obtain revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges other fees as appropriate; completes insurance eligibility.
- Assist patients in applying for MCC’s Discount program; understands when to escalate application to a patient service representative.
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction and provider time by scheduling walk-in appointments per scheduling policies/procedures.
- Promote and assist patients in enrolling in Patient Portal.
- Answer questions and offer other information, as requested, to provide patient-focused service and a positive impression of the organization
As Minnesota's largest Federally Qualified Health Center, Minnesota Community Care ensures that the communities we serve have access to high quality and affordable health care. Approximately 87% of our patients in the 2019 calendar year were people of color from Asian, African American, American Indian or Latino communities, and 98% of our patients had incomes below 200% of federal poverty guidelines.