This is a fulltime benefit eligible position.
We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals to apply.
Perks of working for Minnesota Community Care
- We cover 70% of your medical and dental benefits
- Career Advancement fund opportunities after 1 year of employment
- Student loan forgiveness opportunities for some roles
- Reduced cost on metro transit
- Our staff thrive in an environment where uplifting each other is one of our core values
Assists clinic staff by facilitating cross-cultural communication for non-English speaking patients of all ages. Provides language interpretation as patients interface with non-English speakers. Provide written translation services. Follow-up with patients may include phone calls and documentation of such contacts.
- Seek to understand and meet the needs of customers (patients, families, vendors, co-workers, etc.) through respectful, courteous and culturally sensitive interactions.
- Actively participate and works positively, flexibly and cooperatively in a team effort within and across departments to accomplish the goals of the organization. Willingly assist in areas other than that of primary responsibility for the good of the organization.
- Demonstrate effective, culturally sensitive communication skills and effectively communicate verbally and in writing with a variety of people.
- Know, understand and adhere to organizational policy related to the patient's rights for confidential care.
- Fluently interprets from the source language to the target language and back again.
- Mediates between two parties. Provides verbatim interpretation to preserve the medical record. Conveys meaning of the message in the target language.
- Conveys the intent, tone, style and language level of the speaker.
- Consistently seeks clarification from those involved in interaction to ensure clear and accurate interpretation; takes notes as necessary.
- Serves as cultural educator/consultant regarding Hmong/health care beliefs and cross-cultural issues pre or post appointment as requested.
- Documents on encounter form that language interpretation was provided. Ensures timely and accurate completion of billing forms.
- Provides translation (written communication) of written materials from Hmong into English and English into Hmong as needed.
- Consistently understands boundary issues while serving in the role of interpreter; maintains neutrality during patient/provider interactions.
- Provides translation and administrative assistance to triage nurse.
- Calls patients to confirm appointments for specialty clinics and any other appointments as requested by providers or supervisor.
As Minnesota's largest Federally Qualified Health Center, Minnesota Community Care ensures that the communities we serve have access to high quality and affordable health care. Approximately 87% of our patients in the 2019 calendar year were people of color from Asian, African American, American Indian or Latino communities, and 98% of our patients had incomes below 200% of federal poverty guidelines.