Community Health Care is seeking a Maternity Support Services Clinic Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager to join our team! Community Health Care is a private, non-profit organization created in 1987 in the Great Tacoma area with five medical, one urgent care and three dental clinics. Our mission is to provide the highest quality health care with compassionate and accessible service for all!
The Maternity Support Services OB Registered Nurse (MSS OB RN) primarily acts as a clinical OB Registered Nurse providing maternity triage, direct nursing care, patient education and clinical documentation to support the provider’s practice. Also provides integrated maternity support services (MSS) and infant case management (ICM) by performing duties as stated in the guidelines of the First Steps state program.
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Continuing Education and Retirement Contributions!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Perform screening assessments and enrollments into program consistent with MSS/ICM guidelines.
- Utilize motivational interviewing to assist patients with developing goals and plans of
- Perform home/office visits providing necessary intervention, education and resources consistent with program guidelines.
- Assist and support supervisor in monitoring adherence to First Steps guidelines.
- Provide clinical patient care and education appropriate to obstetrical practice.
- Perform clinical procedures (i.e. specimen collection, drug administration,
immunizations, reporting of test results, NSTs).
- Complete encounters/suberbill coding as appropriate for services provided.
- Work with Clinic Managers to increase productivity, patient satisfaction and quality care.
- Participate in clinic and department staff meetings, community meetings and
- Assist with orientation of new program staff.
- Assume leadership role as appropriate and when requested.
- Assist with development and review of nursing procedures and protocol.
- Complete and accurately document patient care plans.
- Coordinate/conduct effective case conferences in collaboration with the MSS and medical provider team.
- Assist staff with documentation, required forms and QI logs.
- Participate in interview process for new staff as requested.
- Maintain personal continuing education log.
- Provide translation when capable.
- Attend Integrated MSS/ICM team meetings.
- Participate in quality improvement projects as assigned.
- Work as a team with other staff for continuity and efficient, quality care.
- Requires adherence to all policies, standards and procedures included in the Admin, Clinical and HR Manuals and the agency Code of Conduct.
- Perform other duties as assigned.