The School is an independent, coeducational day school dedicated to providing an excellent instructional program for children with language-based learning disabilities. The multisensory curriculum is designed for students of average to superior intelligence who can benefit from the unique educational experience provided. Through direct instruction in small class settings, a trained staff assists students to improve their language skills. Academic success, combined with opportunities for social and emotional growth, enables students to understand their learning styles, build confidence, and develop self-advocacy skills. Windward is committed to helping students achieve their full potential in preparation for a successful return to the mainstream educational environment. To meet these goals, the School provides ongoing training to its faculty based on the most current research and also shares its expertise with the parent body, other educators, and the broader community.
A world where every child with a language-based learning disability is empowered to achieve unlimited success.
To obtain several part time school aides (morning & afternoon shift) to assist Windward faculty in the supervision of children in non-academic situations. This role is not to exceed 30 hours per week.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides supervision of children during non-academic time including arrivals & dismissals, hallway movement, lunch time, and recess activities.
- Assist students with safety protocols including handwashing, social distancing and the wearing of appropriate PPE at all times.
- Exhibits a positive attitude and serves as a positive role model for students and the community.
- Works cooperatively and effectively with others. Maintains self control and uses common sense.
- Reports to work on time and ready to work.
- Exhibits good judgment and responds positively to supervision, suggestions and/or directives.