EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or
- A minimum of one year experience providing crisis services to families.
- Knowledge of and ability to work with persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge of crisis counseling skills.
- Knowledge of dynamics of domestic violence.
- Current Driver’s License
- Safe Driving Record
Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write basic correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees within the organization.
Basic math skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division are required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions. The physical demands of this positon are as follows:
- Routine office mobility.
- The DVSH Support Staff must be able to transport her/himself to the shelter and other locations as necessary in a timely manner.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment characteristics are as follows:
- The DVSH Support Staff will work in the Carroll County office or Safe House, a routine office setting.