Location: Various locations within Oregon and SW Washington.
As member of the mobile COVID-19 testing team, the Clinic Assistant will work with a team of volunteer providers at mobile clinics across hot spot counties within Washington state to reach high-risk and underserved populations with prompt COVID-19 testing and education. The Clinic Assistant will assist the Registered Nurse with anterior nasal testing by labeling and preparing supplies, acting as a courier to transport samples from the testing area to the refrigerator, and assisting with patient navigation at the testing site. The medical or clinic assistant will adhere to current guidelines and best practices for COVID-19 testing, PPE usage and hygiene protocols.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with labeling and preparing of testing kits.
- Serve as courier to transport samples from the testing area to the refrigerator or pre-assigned cooler.
- Follow all infection, prevention and control policies and procedures, ensures that no cross contamination occurs during transport of specimens.
- Assist RN to provide contactless transfer of specimen kit before and after testing.
- Ensure proper disposal of waste (biohazard versus non-biohazard).
- Assist RN in confirming that all lab and specimen labels are printed with the correct patient identifiers.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Additional duties as assigned. May be asked to assist in other roles as needed.
- Utilize volunteers when appropriate.