- Master’s degree in TESOL, teacher leadership, international education, or related field;
- At least ten years of progressive program and leadership experience in relevant education, teaching, teacher-training, and/or international exchange programming;
- Experience and demonstrated ability to lead and grow capacity within large and diverse teams working towards a shared vision and goals;
- Experience organizing large-scale recruitment efforts and conducting interviews for participant selection;
- Excellent organizational planning, presentation, and professional-technical writing skills;
- Excellent oral communication skills with the ability to present the results of efforts through public speaking engagements;
- Outstanding interpersonal, intercultural and collaboration skills;
- Ability to learn through feedback and collaboration with others across the organization;
- Familiarity with monitoring, evaluation and reporting;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Experience with human resource management, staff development, and program budgeting;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Ability to travel within the US.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
American Councils is committed to taking affirmative steps to enhance employment opportunities for minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities, and strives to ensure that meaningful employment and promotional opportunities are maintained for everyone. American Councils’ commitment to equal employment opportunity is based not only on federal requirements, but also on a longstanding commitment to maintaining a diverse workforce reflective of the communities in which we operate.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.