POSITION TITLE: Staff Therapist II
DEPARTMENT: Adult Behavioral Health Services – CalWORKs Program
REPORTS TO: CalWORKs Program Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: 1.0 FTE, Exempt, Union Position
COMPENSATION: Licensed $68,674.68 or $69,874.68 (bilingual differential)
Master’s Level $30.18/ hour or $30.80 (bilingual differential)
Non-Master’s (2nd Year) $26.42/ hour or $27.04/hour(bilingual differential)
WHO WE ARE: La Familia has a 40 year history of providing high-quality mental health and community support services in the San Francisco Bay Area. The agency started as part of a grassroots movement and our ties to the community remain deep and passionate. La Familia is committed to building a vibrant and multicultural agency to provide services that meet the needs of the individuals and families in our community. Our current work includes:
- Outpatient Behavioral Health Services
- Services for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities
- Community Outreach Services
- Youth Education and Employment Services
- Re-Entry Services
- Substance Use Recovery and Wellness
- Leadership to Community Coalitions to Advance Equity Initiatives
-COVID 19 Testing and Vaccination
The Staff Therapist will maintain an active client caseload in the Working Wellness program, which aims to support individuals who are CalWORKs recipients in overcoming their mental health challenges that create barriers to obtaining competitive employment. The Staff Therapist is expected to meet monthly productivity goals; attend weekly group and individual clinical supervision; participate in training as assigned by his/her clinical supervisor of LFCS Administration; and attend weekly Outpatient Mental Health staff meetings. The Staff Therapist will work within all compliance standards; complete documentation in a timely manner per LFCS policy; and maintain strict confidentiality protocols. The Staff Therapist is also tasked with the responsibility of case management work to help clients engage in available resources that overall support their mental wellbeing. It is possible to accrue supervised clinical hours required for license as a LMFT, LCSW, LPCC, or Psychologist. We take pride in the high-quality training our clinic provides and are looking for a clinician interested in developing their clinical skills.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide Individualized Placement and Support (IPS)-informed therapeutic and brokerage services to individuals on site, in client homes, and at various locations in the community, as needed.
- Conduct intakes and mental status examinations; interview clients to gather social and psychiatric data; develop initial and ongoing treatment plans; identify and pursue necessary resources to implement treatment plans; and provide psychotherapeutic intervention, treatment, and other related mental health services to participants.
- Assess barriers to sustained employment and coordinate with the team to identify and implement interventions to overcome barriers.
- Assist clients with case management needs, such as locating and accessing health care and dental care; assess and address transportation needs.
- Maintain quality and timely documentation for clinical services as required by funding sources/maintain all records in accordance with the Quality Assurance standards; regularly review files and monitor activities of clients with follow-up contact in-person or via phone.
- Participate in clinical case presentations and peer reviews.
- Coordinate with other staff members and collaborate with other departments and agencies in carrying out treatment.
- Learn about Alameda County social service resources, housing resources, community resources, and build relationships with resource providers.
- Advise clients on community resources and make referrals and other arrangements, as necessary.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed; assist with officer of the day crisis coverage as needed.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and participate in training/staff development programs.
- Comply with all agency’s policies and procedures.
- Other relevant duties as assigned or required.
- Excellent People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Excellent Oral/Written Communication Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Work Independently
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Filing Paper Management