Shift4 Payments is the leader in secure payment processing solutions. The company’s groundbreaking technologies help power the top software providers in numerous verticals, including hospitality, retail, F&B, e-commerce, lodging, gaming, and many more. Shift4’s family of software brands includes Harbortouch, Restaurant Manager, POSitouch, and Future POS — with additional integrations to 300+ POS/PMS systems across every industry. With an expansive global footprint that includes eight offices across the U.S. and Europe and over 8,000 sales partners, the company securely processes more than a billion transactions annually for nearly 200,000 businesses, representing over $100 billion in payments each year. For additional information, visit www.shift4.com.
The Sr. Network Engineer will work with a team of network professionals to ensure the continuous operations of the datacenter network infrastructure that supports a 24x7 payments processing environment in a stable, secure and scalable fashion.
- Manage the payments network infrastructure including network switches, routers, load balancers, firewalls and the management platforms for those systems.
- Keep the performance of the datacenter network optimal and secure, perform upgrades and patching, monitor relevant network thresholds, capacity and latency, adjust configurations to optimize traffic flow.
- Work with Enterprise Security to maintain regulatory compliance (PCI and SOX) with network infrastructure components through vulnerability remediation, upgrades, configuration hardening and recurring audits
- Manage and maintain secure datacenter and corporate office firewalls and wireless access points
- Work with Corporate IT to manage integrated network components including VPN tunnels and remote access, branch office switching and routing, dialtone and voice service and provide assistance where needed
- Manage relationships with Internet service providers, review recurring billing/invoicing, new or change circuit proposals.
- Work with the systems engineers to build new infrastructure, troubleshoot systems performance problems, network packet capture, tracing and analysis, load balancer support
- Architectural responsibilities for new technology and infrastructure to support new product development and corporate goals.
- Participates in compliance and security reviews and remediation, including internal and external audits
- SME for network design and architecture to support development innovation, security initiatives, and payments infrastructure upgrades
- Participates in on-call rotations to provide network engineering support
- Shares workloads of network engineers, including ticket request handling, to ensure standards are adhered to and service quality is maintained.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science related field, or 8 years of comparable work experience.
- At least 5 years of experience with enterprise/datacenter load balancers, enterprise firewalls, corporate WiFi and WAN optimization solutions.
- At least 8 years of network engineering experience in payments or banking industry and at least 5 supporting network infrastructure in PCI scope.
- Expert level understanding of Public Key Infrastructure, packet capture analysis, virtualization and server clustering, Identity and Access Management, network security encryption protocols (ciphers, transports, application layer).
- Excellent communication, organization and project management skills.
- Network certifications with Cisco and/or Juniper Networks (CCIE or equivalent preferred)
- Certifications for the following are highly desired (in order of preference)
- Datacenter networking – Cisco Nexus and/or ACI, MDS Storage Fabric
- Enterprise Firewalls – Palo Alto Networks, Juniper, Fortinet
- Load balancers – A10, F5, Netscaler
- PBX - Avaya
- Network Access Control (NAC) – ForeScout or equivalent
- Virtual Networking - VMWare NSX
- WAN Acceleration is a plus (SilverPeak, Riverbed)
- Wireless – HPE or other business grade wireless
Shift4 Payments provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.