Shift4 Payments is the leader in secure payment processing solutions. The company’s groundbreaking technologies help power the top software providers in numerous verticals, including hospitality, retail, F&B, e-commerce, lodging, gaming, and many more. Shift4’s family of software brands includes Harbortouch, Restaurant Manager, POSitouch, and Future POS — with additional integrations to 300+ POS/PMS systems across every industry. With an expansive global footprint that includes eight offices across the U.S. and Europe and over 8,000 sales partners, the company securely processes more than a billion transactions annually for nearly 200,000 businesses, representing over $100 billion in payments each year. For additional information, visit www.shift4.com.
The Sr. Systems Engineer works with a highly technical team of professionals who support the day-to-day management and operations of the Linux/Unix Systems. The engineer ensures the continuous operations of the 24x7 online payments processing infrastructure in a stable, secure and scalable fashion. Additionally, the engineer participates in the on-call rotations.
- Maintain optimal system performance through logs analysis, health checks and monitoring, and resolve advanced issues with Linux systems.
- Manage Linux server hardware, including storage systems that it may use (SAN, DAS, VTL).
- Perform user and service account management, including password changes, privilege management, integration with internal and external identity providers, and recurring audits.
- Manage Linux requests and incident tickets, respond to technical queries, and assist users of the systems.
- Architectural responsibilities for new technology and infrastructure to support new product development and corporate goals.
- Work with the Security team to ensure systems are in compliance with regulatory requirements including PCI-DSS and Sarbanes Oxley. This includes remediating PCI vulnerabilities, upgrading software components, and changing configuration settings.
- Work with the network team to resolve system performance issues including capturing and reviewing network packets (must have expert level skills with Wireshark), network traffic testing, server routing configuration changes
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert in datacenter and Linux systems when participating in company projects, prioritize and drive assigned tasks to completion.
- Maintenance of standard operating procedures for system builds, application loads, custom configurations, server hardening, vulnerability remediation and patching
- Perform security patching and configuration hardening of Linux systems.
- Manage enterprise data backup and recovery, including backup encryption, backup storage systems, offsite backup management, retention schedules.
- Participate in after hours on-call rotation and willing to travel to other business locations as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science related field, or equivalent of 8 years work experience in systems administration of Linux servers;
- Expert knowledge of Linux file systems, clustering technologies and containers (OKD, Docker or equivalent)
- Expert knowledge of VMWare Vsphere or equivalent hypervisor (Nutanix, Hyper-V)
- Advanced storage administration (SAN, NAS, etc) experience preferably HPE storage solutions (3PAR, StoreOnce) and storage fabric switches
- Advanced knowledge of Public Key Infrastructure – security certificates, OCSP services
- Knowledgeable in storage fabric management, load balancing virtual server configuration, and advanced network interface configuration
- Knowledgeable with Identity and Authentication Management systems, SAML, Multifactor Authentication (Okta, Azure AD, AuthID, Duo Security are preferred)
- Expert knowledge of networking configuration with LAN based servers, must be knowledgeable with secure network protocols including SFTP, SSH, certificate management;
- Excellent problem management skills, communication, and project execution skills.
- Microsoft Windows 2013 or newer, server administration experience is a plus
- Basic database administration (MS SQL, Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, Mongo) and Splunk experience is also a plus
- Red Hat Linux certification, VMWare VSphere Certification (VSP), or at least 8 years of experience managing a virtual infrastructure required.
- Oracle/SUN Solaris 10+ Certification preferred, or at least 5 years’ experience managing a Solaris server environment required.
- Experience with the following products or platforms is a plus
- Apache HTTP Server
- Apache Kafka
- Cloud (AWS, Microsoft, or Google)
Shift4 Payments provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.