Job Title: Research Associate I-III
Research Associates are responsible for conducting scientific research leading to the discovery and development of high value, proprietary molecular diagnostic products and related technologies. A strong understanding of molecular biology, molecular genetics, aptamer development and validations is highly preferred.
- Design and conduct experiments, collect data and analyze results in support of department project development objectives.
- Maintain laboratory records in accordance with company standards.
- Assist with lab planning and equipment calibration and maintenance.
- Assist in the preparation of scholarly articles for publication. Present results of independent research; write reports/summaries for internal communications as well as patents and complete scientific papers for peer reviewed journals, publishing abstracts, manuscripts, or industry requirements.
- Engage in continuous learning and skill development, including both scientific and laboratory technology education.
- Follow all standard operating procedures, safety and security policies and prescribed practices, policies and guidelines; use Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) manual as reference to support work performed. Completes all necessary paperwork related to job duties.
- May perform reviews of analytical data for acceptability of calibration, control values, response curve characteristics and quantitative limits.
- Assists as needed to perform other related duties and special projects as required.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Ability to develop and deliver complex directions and develop, deliver and defend complicated scientific project plans.
- Excellent molecular biology lab skills and working knowledge and experience with molecular lab equipment.
- Outstanding molecular genetics & molecular diagnostics experience.
- Strong background in aptamer development and validations.
- Detail oriented with ability to capture and record complex scientific data accurately and reliably.
- Good written and verbal data presentation skills and the ability to use software tools to produce high impact presentations of data, highlighting key takeaways.
- Ability to problem solve independently and for employees, as well as the ability to escalate problems appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Strong team skills, with ability to both lead and work with other employees in a positive and constructive way.
- Outstanding understanding of scientific process, including hypothesis development, experimental design, selection of controls, etc. Ability to weigh the relative pros and cons of alternative experimental designs and make decisions based on a thorough understanding of the potential problems.
- Good business judgment and ability to align scientific goals with business objectives.
- Ability to accurately develop project budgets and timelines and communicate timely and effectively regarding any variances from plan.
- Ability to maintain project confidentiality.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Access, Word, Excel, Outlook, and general working knowledge of Internet for business use.
- Drive for Results (Service, Quality, and Continuous Improvement) – Ensure procedures and processes are in place that lead to delivery of quality results and continually reassess their effectiveness to achieve continuous improvement.
- Communication – Proficient verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to share and receive information and ideas from all levels of the organization in order to achieve the desired results.
- Teamwork – Commitment to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help other members of the team.
- Customer Service Focus – Demonstrate a focus on listening to and understanding client/customer needs and then delighting the client/customer by exceeding service and quality expectations.
Education, Certification/Licensure, and/or Experience
- B.S. or M.S. in a biological science related to molecular biology or similar field.
- Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use standard office equipment.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift objects over 30 pounds.
- May have exposure to high noise levels, fumes and bio-hazardous material in the lab environment.
- May be required to handle and transport hazardous waste materials.
- Travel Required
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Caris Life Sciences is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
*Please apply using the link below. Thank you! #LI – KR1