This role serves as a guest host for many different experiences at City Museum. This includes:
· Coordination of private and in-house events, setup/break down, and coordination of staff pertaining to the event.
· Hosting birthday parties or large groups, setup/break down, and coordination with Food & Beverage team.
· Serving as a tour host when necessary
Main hours worked would be during, before and after private or in-house events. Secondary would be hours during the day for birthday parties and large groups. In this role you will be part of the City Museum’s Marketing Team which is always planning fun and exciting events!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for managing set up of event equipment, managing break down of event equipment, locking the building down and setting the alarm.
· Managing event equipment inventory and quality
· Responsible for being the on-site contact for clients and caterers and helping with load in or whatever may arise during the event.
· Serve as the on-site contact and host for birthday party guests. This includes arranging tables, décor set up, meal and clean up management.
· Serve as group host on days when the museum has several groups dining during their visit.
· Provide superior guest service to all customers in a polite and expedient manner.
· Maintain knowledge of and consistently enforce the rules and regulations of the museum (including attraction requirements such as height restrictions, weight restrictions, proper riding position, etc.)
· Be attentive at all times
· Maintain knowledge of the rules and regulations of the museum (including attraction requirements such as height restrictions, weight restrictions, proper riding position, etc.)
· Work on in-house programming which has included drag shows, music performances, vendor markets, etc.
· Communicate with management and other employees, including use of two-way radios
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment for customers and other employees
· Assist customers with all questions regarding City Museum including facility layout and amenities
· Perform zone walk through and ensure zones are maintained to museum standards
· Follow all museum policies and procedures
· Other duties as assigned