- BA/BS or equivalent required, advanced degree preferred;
- Progressively responsible management experience (five + years preferred);
- 5 years of administrative and responsible management experience in substance abuse, mental health and/or criminal justice with clientele similar to that served by the program(s);
- Strong management ability, including ability to work effectively as a team leader and a team member, as demonstrated by previous employment;
- Demonstrated capacity to negotiate and work effectively with funders;
- Reputation for excellence and high quality service to clients;
- Experienced in data management and analysis; keen perception in extracting important data;
- Good eye for detail; well organized, skilled in setting priorities;
- Resourceful and self-confident; can get the job done, and do it well;
- Computer literate in MS Word, Excel, Access and Power Point;
- Demonstrated analytic, administrative and organizational skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills; and
- Strong commitment to the work and goals of The Fortune Society.
Travel Requirements: Travel between Rikers, MDC and Long Island City office as needed. May require travel to our Harlem office for meetings and/or events. May require travel to conferences, coalitions and public speaking venues related to unit and/or agency
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.