Midtown Alliance's supplemental public safety program - known as Midtown Blue - serves as a visible and uniformed presence in Midtown Atlanta to ensure a secure and welcoming environment for all who work in, live in and visit Midtown. Midtown Blue accomplishes this by patrolling the district on foot, bicycle and motor vehicles, as well as working in close partnership with local businesses, attractions, workers, residents, office buildings, residential properties and governmental and institutional security partners. This program, which balances law enforcement and quality of life, is regarded as one of the most complete programs of its kind in the southeast.
Midtown Blue's Public Safety Officers are the civilian security arm of the supplemental public safety program, which also employs a team of sworn Atlanta Police Department officers who work extra shifts in the district and have full arrest powers.
- Enhance security and perception of safety in Midtown.
- Provide visible uniformed presence by patrolling designated areas.
- Positively interact with Midtown stakeholders to ensure a positive, safe and welcoming environment.
- Work to proactively prevent problems before they occur.
- Promptly address and resolve quality of life and public safety issues, ranging from homeless and panhandling issues to crime prevention and special events, supporting Midtown Blue, APD and other partners as needed.
- Complete daily reports and other assignments as specified by shift supervisor.
- Operate two-way radio.
- Stay current on City of Atlanta codes and ordinances.
- Provide customer service to citizens and visitors by answering questions and addressing complaints.
Working hours/special work conditions
Public Safety Officers are expected to work one of two shifts and operate 7 days per week, 40 hours per week;
Day shift – 7am-3pm
Evening shift – 3pm-11pm
Holidays and Special events are rotated throughout the year.