This is a limited duration part-time position. Application here is an expression of interest in the role. Final hire for this position will be directed through a staffing agency agreement.
The COVID-19 Vaccinator/Observer contributes to the Calling of Medical Teams International by administering and documenting vaccines at on-site COVID-19 vaccination clinics, in addition to providing skilled patient observation, appropriately responding to reactions or critical events, and providing tailored patient education. This position supervises volunteers and agency staff to ensure all care is delivered to standard, following standing orders and protocols. The Vaccinator/Observer ensures vaccine clinics meet best practice standards and collaborates with the team to ensure clinic activities are reaching the high-priority populations, including vulnerable, high-risk or underserved communities.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Travel to immunization clinics, transporting and monitoring vaccines per CDC temperature guidelines, and other program supplies, and supervising the set up and breakdown of equipment at immunization sites.
- Maintain immunization clinic supplies and ensure appropriate storage, handling, and data logging of vaccines.
- In collaboration with the assigned Clinical Assistant, ensure that all recipients have been thoroughly screened prior to vaccine administration and all care is documented in the EHR Platform PrepMod (which interfaces with the state IIS system).
- Draw up and administer vaccines at community vaccination sites.
- Ensure adequate documentation of vaccinations/medications administered and review patient immunization histories.
- Provide situational health education and referrals/linkages to medical/specialty care as needed.
- Ensure strict adherence to Infection Prevention and Control, as well as PPE guidelines at all times.
- Assure PPE and other supplies are used appropriately, and supply chain is maintained to keep vaccination sites equipped to perform vaccination operations.
- Conduct patient observation post vaccine administration, ensuring that all clients are observed according to protocol, document any adverse effects as needed and initiate emergency response system in the case of any severe allergic reaction.
- Ensure an environment where patients feel respected and cared for.
- Focus on the people being vaccinated and provide the best information, education, care, and vaccination experience possible.
Clinic Partner & Stakeholder Relationships:
- As an on-site contact, develop and maintain working relationships with site and field partners, including site managers, city and county representatives and other public health providers.
- Engage with organizations and people as needed to encourage vaccination.
- Cultivate strong working relationships with partner agency staff, reporting any concerns to Clinic and Program Managers.
- Lead and delegate tasks to the Clinic Assistant to ensure all care is provided while in the field.
- Ensure accurate record keeping for daily clinic operations (patient registration health histories, consent (ROI), treatment coding, volunteer hours, WA-IIS-Alert-IIS documentation, and patient demographic data).
- Maintain accurate records of daily clinic operations and patient encounters.
- Ensure all incident reports are filed correctly and timely and are acted upon as is necessary.
- Participate in standardized evaluations of on-site clinic operations and overall vaccination strategy to identify areas for improvement.
- Provide programmatic input and technical assistance for mobile vaccination strategy as needed.
- Together with vaccination team, create an environment where volunteers have a positive and rewarding experience.
- Represent Medical Teams International with internal and external partners, including community stakeholders, and state and federal agencies.
- Ensure equity concerns are addressed to minimize barriers to vaccine accessibility.
- Participate in and present educational webinars and other outreach activities as requested.
- Attendance at team meetings as required.
- Support the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Be a positive representative of the Care & Connect program at all times.
- Utilize volunteers when appropriate.
- Work with other dental and vaccination team members to troubleshoot vehicle and equipment challenges as they may arise.