The metal fabricator is part of the Fleet team and will help build and repair tour Jeeps and other tour and shuttle vehicles.
The position requires someone who is self-motivated and a team player who can work independently when required. Quality and image are priorities at Pink Jeep so candidates must take pride in and demonstrate quality workmanship.
This position requires making decisions that affect other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of the company. Mistakes may not be easily correctable and can have serious consequences.
*This position is designated as a Safety Sensitive Position and we will not consider Registered Card Holders (RCH’s) for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicates with supervisors, peers, and other company employees on a variety of issues in a positive and professional manner
- Confer with Guides and other drivers to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems, and to discuss work to be performed and future repair requirements
- Examine vehicles to determine extent of damage or malfunctions
- Plan work procedures, using charts, technical manuals, and experience.
- Review and complete work orders in a thorough, detailed and legible manner; discuss with Manager as needed
- Disassemble units and inspect parts for wear, using micrometers, calipers, and gauges.
- Must be able to operate vehicles including test driving in traffic and on off road trails
- Maintain cleanliness of work area
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs