- Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in criminal justice and five years’ experience working with the justice involved population; OR
- Bachelor degree in criminal justice, social work, psychology or related field and three years’ experience working with the justice involved population;
- Knowledge of the Transition from Prison to Community Model and Evidence Based
Principles strongly preferred;
- Strong verbal, written communication skills and organizational skills;
- Knowledge of community based service organizations;
- Ability to coordinate service delivery in a multidisciplinary environment which provides services to justice involved individuals;
- Proficiency with computer applications specifically knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications such as Word and Excel and/or database programs;
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment;
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks necessary to accomplish goals;
We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to our agency mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
Travel Requirements - Ability to travel to and from the Bronx Parole office and various meetings at partnering organizations throughout the five boroughs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.