CLOSING DATE: Open until filled, first review Friday, August 13, 2021
POSITION: Physical Therapist
SALARY: $72,800.00 - 94,000.00 (DOE)
REPORTS TO: Physical Therapist Program Manager LRCHC
LOCATION: Inchelium Health Center and San Poil Valley Health Center, Keller, WA as needed.
Lake Roosevelt Community Health Centers are dedicated to providing responsive, high quality health care services that meet the needs of all users in a non-discriminatory, confidential, compassionate and professional atmosphere. In order to meet this mission it is expected that all employees, regardless of job title, perform their job duties in a professional manner; this expectation includes awareness of and high quality service to our many customers, developing and maintaining job competence, ethical personal behavior, the development and maintenance of supportive and caring relationships with others at work and basic professional integrity. Meeting these expectations is a minimum requirement for continued employment.
STANDARDS OF EMPLOYMENT:
As essential participant in the health care delivery system, a physical therapist provides comprehensive evaluation of assigned patients condition and develop goal-oriented treatment programs.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform complete evaluations of each patient including subjective history followed by objective measurements and tests of the musculoskeletal, neurological, cognitive, cardiovascular, integumentary systems and functional capacity
- Provide screening to r/o health conditions not covered in PT scope of practice and make appropriate referrals
- Assess the current status and rehabilitation potential (prognosis) of each patient
- Establish therapeutic functional goals, both short and long term, for each patient
- Establish a therapeutic plan of care (POC) for each patient/client based on the subjective and objective assessments
- Coordinate POC with referring provider, insurance, other related healthcare providers
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals in the planning, implementation and review of all therapy related interventions provided to patients
- Educate patients and their family/caregivers regarding diagnosis, treatment options, goals and POC
- Document all therapy provided to patients including but not limited to evaluations, screening, daily notes, progress notes, discharge summaries
- Administer active and passive manual therapy exercises, therapeutic massage, and thermal, light, sound, water and electrical modality treatments such as ultrasound, paraffin, etc
- Perform manual therapy techniques to include myofascial release, joint and soft tissue mobilizations, lymphatic drainage, manual cervical traction, etc.
- Measure patients range-of-motion, body parts, and vital signs to determine effects of treatments or for patient evaluation.
- Monitor operation of equipment and record use of equipment and administration of treatment
- Clean work area and check and store equipment after treatment
- Mandatory reporting of all cases of suspected and/or observed abuse & neglect, especially for children and/or disabled or elders, to the appropriate authorities