Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Support Services Coordinator to join the Men's Recovery Program team at Riverton Place and the Son Shine Inn in Burien and Capitol Hill.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Support Services Coordinator is responsible for for maintaining and overseeing the safety, maintenance and cleanliness of the Men's Recovery Program. The Support Services Coordinator will also support the administrative functions of the Mens Recovery Program operations.
Our Men's Recovery Team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Monday Friday From 8:00 AM 4:30 PM. Occasional weekends and holidays.
Essential Job Duties
Responsible for organization and maintaining inventory of cleaning/maintenance supplies, clothing, search & rescue supplies, and blankets.
- General cleaning duties, which includes cleaning and stocking common areas and bathrooms and cleaning as well as program resident living areas.
- Supervise program residents as they perform chores and work therapy to include creation and management of weekly schedule as needed.
- Contribute to the overall safety and maintenance of the building by filling out necessary maintenance request forms and reports.
- In case of emergency, take lead in following emergency procedures.
- Maintain security and records of all assigned facility keys.
- Monitor van usage in conjunction with drivers and dispatchers, coordinating schedules.
- Train front desk help, ensuring coverage of all shifts, and covering shifts if necessary.
- Coordinate work crews, supervising house leaders.
- Create, store, distribute, and post all program schedules, forms, and other printed material, assisting staff with other administrative tasks as needed.
- Maintain resident accountability through observation, use of choice evaluation, and breathalyzer.
- Submit reports as required.
- Maintain a positive, pleasant, professional Christian attitude. Work with other staff to forge and model transparent and supportive Christian relationships which will serve as a leadership example for recovery program men.
- Seattle's Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All staff are encouraged to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization. All employees are expected to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and training, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.