Shift4 Payments is the leader in secure payment processing solutions. The company’s groundbreaking technologies help power the top software providers in numerous verticals, including hospitality, retail, F&B, e-commerce, lodging, gaming, and many more. Shift4’s family of software brands includes Harbortouch, Restaurant Manager, POSitouch, and Future POS — with additional integrations to 300+ POS/PMS systems across every industry. With an expansive global footprint that includes eight offices across the U.S. and Europe and over 8,000 sales partners, the company securely processes more than a billion transactions annually for nearly 200,000 businesses, representing over $100 billion in payments each year. For additional information, visit www.shift4.com.
Performs the duties of a Sr. Systems Engineer to ensure the continuous operations of our computing infrastructure that supports a 24x7 online transaction processing environment in a stable, secure and scalable fashion. Additionally, participates in the afterhours on-call rotation, mentors junior administrators, and acts as backup for those administrators when assistance is needed.
- Senior technical lead and escalation point to other Windows system administrators, and Network Operations Center (NOC) and Gateway Application Support (GAS)
- Responsible for management of payment gateway and supporting systems including datacenter and corporate infrastructure (VMWare, Windows, Active Directory, Code Deployment tools, web services, automation and other enterprise services)
- Maintenance of standard operating procedures for system builds, application loads, custom configurations, server hardening, vulnerability remediation and patching
- Architectural responsibilities for new technology and infrastructure to support new product development and corporate goals.
- Guides other systems administrators to ensure standards are adhered to and quality is maintained.
- Ensure regulatory compliance requirements are met, including participation in recurring certification, internal and external audits, security hardening, and policy development.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for server technology and back office infrastructure systems for new development efforts, new technology investments and other business innovations
- Excellent problem management and time management skills, able to prioritize and drive projects with respect to milestones and deadlines.
- Participates in after hours on-call rotation and willing to travel to other business locations as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science related field, or work comparable experience. Preferred qualifications include graduate studies and/or continuing education courses.
- At least 8 years of systems administrator experience in a Windows environment, mixed environments with Linux systems is preferred
- Managing systems in a highly available or OLTP production environment is required.
- Managing external storage management (SAN, NAS, etc) is required.
- Excellent communication, organization and project management skills.
- Intermediate Linux (RedHat or Solaris) experience (basic server maintenance, patching, account management)
- Intermediate MS SQL Server DBA skills (performance tuning, backup and restore, job maintenance, user account management, cluster management, log shipping)
- VMWare Certified Professional with at least 7 years of experience in multi-site DRS/HA and implementation of VMWare technologies including VMWare View/Horizon Workspace Manager, Site Recovery Manager, Virtual Consolidated Backup, Operations Manager on at VSphere 5.x or VCloud are a plus!
- Current Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, with 7 years of experience implementing and supporting enterprise platforms - email, intranet, databases, messaging and collaboration, voice and video integrations are a plus!
- Cloud certifications (AWS, Microsoft or Google) and other platforms are a plus
- Splunk, Palo Alto, HPE, Cisco platforms
- CRM and ERP systems
- Linux systems (Redhat, CentOS)
- HPE Storage systems (3PAR, StoreOnce) and storage switches (Cisco MDS, Brocade)
Shift4 Payments provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.