Experiences, corporately and individually, can open the door for God to move and transform a life. As the Arts & Worship Core Team Pastor you will support and encourage the development of exceptional experiences across all 7 Willow Creek campuses so that people can encounter God and take steps in their faith through worship, prayer and teaching. You will lead the team and processes which are committed to serving our congregation with integrity in all aspects of arts and worship.
- Church-wide strategy development, communication and implementation for Arts & Worship.
- Consistently cast and champion the vision and strategies for weekend experiences in alignment with the overall mission, vision and strategies of Willow Creek in support of the weekend teaching direction.
- Work directly and collaboratively with the Teaching Team and Marcom Team to creatively program the worship experiences to help communicate the teaching theme.
- Oversee the process for developing creative elements inside the worship rooms in alignment with the teaching theme for worship services.
- Set and maintain the standard for quality and execution of the weekend and large worship experiences across all campuses within the aligned model.
- Lead, empower, develop, support and manage core team direct reports to fulfill their ministry mission in alignment with the mission of the Arts & Worship ministry.
- Plan, oversee, and manage the budget for the Arts & Worship core ministry.
- Serve on the Executive Team of WCCC and speak into the overall direction of the church while championing the mission of the Arts & Worship ministry.
- Oversee, shepherd, support, empower, and develop the teams and ministries in the area of programming, production, worship, and creative experiences and foster a connected, collaborative environment.
- Collaboratively lead, empower, and develop the campus teams who are creating high quality experiences for people to engage with God and take next steps in their journey with Him.
- Work with campus pastors and campus staff to contextualize campus experiences as needed.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent leadership of both people and processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly relational with good interpersonal skills
- Skilled in creativity and innovation management
- Strong in decision making and planning
- Ability to thoughtfully manage vision and purpose
- Excellent customer focus
- A responsive and inclusive leader able who builds effective teams
- Learner -- can take direction and feedback and has a great desire to learn.
- Aligned -- knows Willow, loves Willow, has bought-in to the method, philosophy, and direction of our “one church in multiple locations” model.
- Conflict Resolver -- unafraid to tackle interpersonal conflicts, ministry misalignment, or issues of sin with grace, truth and love.
- Leader at Home -- no concerning spiritual or emotional health issues within his or her family.
- Time Manager -- does not require external systems to prioritize; is intrinsically motivated.
- Person of Integrity -- they are a leader worth following in habits, disciplines, and personal decisions.
- Self-Aware -- knows where they have weakness, and finds others to fill in those gaps.
- Disciple -- fully devoted to following Jesus in everything they do.
Education and Experience:
- Experience in leadership and/or shepherding within a multisite church or organization
- Experience within a church of over 1000 in attendance is ideal
- Experience serving in an arts-related ministry
- Demonstrated responsibility for a team consisting of 5+ direct reports for 5+ years is ideal
- Creative abilities in designing and programming worship experiences preferred
- Degree or equitable experience in music, worship or production related field of study preferred, but not required
- Transferable skills will be considered