The purpose of this role is to book and service the event rental facilities within City Museum as well as support internal special events as needed. This is an exempt position and may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete the workload. While flex time will be approved, it should be used only when the workload permits. The following responsibilities and expectations are required for this position:
· Become an expert on the layout and capabilities of the museum spaces
· Respond to inbound rental inquiries for event bookings
· Create plan for outbound sales methods to sell open dates and museum buyouts, and execute this plan. This plan should include participation in wedding shows, e-blast and social media content each month, memberships to local venue promotion groups, etc.
· Provide rental facility tours to prospective clients.
· Write contracts for new bookings. This includes management of any questions or special terms that may arise.
· Serve as the client liaison from sale to finish, providing excellent customer service and a solution focused attitude.
· Management of Triple Seat event software.
· Regularly meet with Food & Beverage team to meet needs of clients and to ensure that both departments are in sync.
· Responsible for selling F&B packages and serve as the liaison between client and catering team.
· Management of Event Coordinator role. This role reports to the Director of Marketing & Sales but daily tasks/work should be directed by the Event Sales Rep.
· Assist Event Coordinator with set up when necessary to complete set up safely and on time.
· For each event booked the Events Manager should be onsite to greet the client on the day of their event.
· Booking of security and EMS for private and special events.
· Complete weekly reports pertaining to Group Sales
· Hours and schedule:
o This is an exempt position and may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete the workload. While flex time will be approved, it should be used only when the workload permits.
o This role will need to be extremely flexible and able to work an untraditional schedule. Hours will be Monday through Friday 9-5. Hours can be flexed to accommodate hours worked on weekends and should be planned two weeks in advance.
o On regular work days basic City Museum dress code is permitted.
o On event/tour days professional attire is required. No shorts, t-shirts or street shoes should be worn on these occasions. Jeans and tennis shoes are permitted if they look professional.