By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
We are looking for an outstanding Research Associate to work in our Immunology Cell & Gene Therapy R&D group. This position will provide technical and logistical support for our R&D team with an emphasis on performing immunoassays to support our QuickGelTM related products. Good teamwork and communication skills are key. We are looking for an individual who is highly motivated, organized, with a positive can-do attitude, and the flexibility to support a variety of company activities and projects. Prior experience in multi-color flow cytometry is required.
You’ll join a strong and fun team focused on developing next generation tools for immunotherapies and research, with great opportunities to develop your technical and intellectual skill sets in a highly dynamic and interactive environment. If you share our goals and values and want to make your mark at a rapidly growing company, join us and help enable advanced discoveries.
Essential Job Functions
- Use flow cytometry to perform experimental and quality control assays for characterization of products.
- Perform product development-related experiments under general supervision.
- Follow procedures to prepare buffers, reagents and materials for lab use and product manufacturing.
- Routine maintenance and troubleshooting of scientific and manufacturing equipment.
- May be required to perform additional duties as assigned.
- Maintain laboratory records and notebooks. Ensure all work complies with established processes, procedures and quality standards.
- Draft QC protocols for material and product testing.
- Contribute technical content for customer-facing presentations and publications.
- Ensure individual R&D targets are met.
- Work closely with other members of the R&D, PD and QA/QC teams to further department and company goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in multi-color flow cytometry, building flow panels including isotype controls and compensation specimens. Knowledge about immune cell characterization preferred.
- Expertise in FlowJo or Equivalent required
- Demonstrated expertise with immunology cell culture.
- Immune cell selection expertise is preferred but not required.
- Ability to draft SOPs for R&D and QC protocols.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize workload to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and excellent planning and experimental design skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.