- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance with 10+ years non-profit accounting experience, including at least 5 in a leadership position within a $30M+ organization.
- Strong analytical, budget, grant management, organizational and communication skills.
- Expertise in developing project work plans, mapping workflows, and documenting approaches and outcomes.
- Ability to establish credibility and effective working relationships with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrated experience creating and streamlining financial reporting, which has resulted in increased efficiency and availability of useful financial information for organizational decision-making.
- Ability to maintain accurate financial records and prepare clear and accurate reports for operational use.
- Proficiency with accounting and other integrated systems, preferably NetSuite and Salesforce.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, research techniques, and financial forecasting methodology.
- Ability to prepare and present oral and written presentations to Society management able to "tell a story" with numbers.
- Collaborative, flexible and willing to take on tasks as necessary to achieve desired results.
- Ability to direct and coordinate the work of others and conduct training as needed.
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight and collaboratively as a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside the finance team and organization.
About Asia Society
Asia Society, founded by John D. Rockefeller the 3rd in 1956, is a global non-profit dedicated to identifying future pathways for Asia and the world which enhance peace, prosperity, freedom, equality, and sustainability. Headquartered in NYC, with 15 Centers located in Asia, the US and Europe, Asia Society has a dynamic and impressive Board of Trustees of more than 70 international leaders representing thought leadership in policy, the arts, education as well as in governance and philanthropy.
Asia Society is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and empowering workplace. We believe that engaging staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables us to better realize our mission of navigating shared futures.
Asia Society offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan, numerous paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, self-development hours, and more. Please visit www.asiasociety.org/about/careers and click on “Employee Benefits” to view our full benefits summary
Benefit package highlights:
- An HRA plan (fully funded by Asia Society) supplements our medical plan and covers the full annual deductible.
- After 1 year of service (1,000 hours), Asia Society contributes 6% of gross earnings to an eligible employee’s 403(b) account, regardless of whether the employee makes their own contributions.
- Asia Society offers Self-Development time off, including Self-Development Summer Fridays between July 4th and Labor Day.
Asia Society is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.