The Clinical Director develops and administers mental health and intensive program service functions through the development and successful implementation of compliance standards, providing strategic leadership and effective supervision of departmental staff, and developing and maintaining successful relationships with clients, staff, and service provider partners.
- Accomplishes departmental objectives and goals by researching opportunities and problems, allocating resources according to strategic priorities, inaugurating programs and processes, and evaluating and reporting results to the Executive Director and Executive Management Team.
- Provides clinical leadership for the department by directing and overseeing clinical processes of client treatment such as clinical assessments, diagnoses, clinical interventions, treatment planning, utilization review, and appropriate client treatment discharges. Serves as a resource to other clinical leaders within the agency for professional consultation on the treatment of clients.
- Leads a weekly Clinical Management Team meeting for supervisors licensed as qualified mental health professionals in order to provide clinical supervision and to discuss client treatment cases.
- Ensures compliance with state-mandated access standards as defined by Kansas Social and Rehabilitation Services. Investigates discrepancies and issues that fail to meet accepted standards.
- Tracks and reports on national and state legislation issues and recent scientific research and techniques relevant to changes that will affect our community mental health center.
- Attends various local and state meetings as an agency representative and develops successful relationships with these committees and agencies. Conducts formal and informal presentations to the community when needed.
- Promotes the positive reputation of the Center to the community and state.
- Serves as a member of the agency’s executive management team and helps develop and implement long-range goals, strategies, and policies in the agency mission to provide quality mental health care. Attends regular weekly management team meeting and governing board meeting as needed.
- Addresses certain complaints from agency clients when assigned by the Executive Director.
- Maintains accurate and complete records of all client services, as defined by state licensing agencies, funding agencies, and Mental Health Center standards and requirements.
This position provides direct supervision to the Region I, II, III, & IV Managers,the Intake & Emergency Services Manager, and the Attendant Care Coordinator.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position with hours from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday. This position requires occasional evening and weekend work as job duties demand.