- Minimum age 25
- Valid Georgia CDL (Commercial Drivers License) Class B with P (Passenger) and S (School Bus) endorsements
- Minimum two years bus driving experience
- Meet the physical and mental standards necessary to perform the duties, tasks, and responsibilities of a school bus driver as described in this job description. Verification by a physicians examination is required per DOT guidelines.
- Ability to develop rapport with students
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Embrace a strong commitment to Christian education and academic excellence consistent with the mission of Whitefield Academy
In addition, the person should:
- Commit to living his/her life under the lordship of Christ
- Model a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ, and be a Christian role model in speech, actions, and attitudes, which contributes to the spiritual atmosphere of the school
- Believe and affirm the schools Statement of Faith
- Commit to exhibiting Whitefields core value for our students to experience diversity that reflects the body of Christ and support the schools diversity vision that aims at unity in Christ
- Demonstrate evidence of consistent spiritual activities such as worship at a local church, fellowship with the body of Christ, personal devotional time with the Lord, and individual study of scripture
- Evidence the fruit of the Spirit in the nurturing of relationships with other staff members, students, families, and the community at large
- Be actively involved in a local church
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A request for reasonable accommodations must be submitted to the HR department.
Work for this position will take place primarily in campus buildings and grounds, and secondarily in an office. The physical demands of this position include lifting up to 10 pounds often, 25 pounds regularly, and up to 50 pounds rarely; carrying up to 10 pounds often, 25 pounds regularly, and up to 50 pounds rarely; crawling rarely; pushing/pulling, climbing/balancing and kneeling intermittently; stooping regularly; reaching, sitting, standing, bending, and walking often. To perform this job the person must be able to talk, hear, stand, sit, and/or walk for extended periods of time; and must possess normal manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Conditions may exist that create exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
Nothing in this job description restricts the School's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions. It does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
This full-time or part-time, hourly position will begin July 2022. To apply please go to www.whitefieldacademy.com under About Us/Employment. Whitefield Academy is an equal opportunity employer.