Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The successful candidate will be a spiritually mature Christian with an active church/prayer life demonstrating a strong desire to serve the Mission by ministering to those whom it serves.
- Must agree with Seattle Union Gospel Missions Statement of Faith, Mission and Vision Statements and have a personal ethos and work ethic that reflects the Missions Core Values.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, analytical, interpersonal, strategic thinking, critical thinking, and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to develop and navigate effective strategic plans and partnerships with church, educational, and community leaders.
- High level of proficiency in creating and navigating documents, spreadsheets, and presentations using the Microsoft Office Suite specifically Word, Power Point, and Excel.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple responsibilities at one time required.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with regards to sensitive information required.
- Maintain strong knowledge of MRP addiction recovery curriculum
- Knowledge and understanding of case management standards and practices required.
- Seattle's Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All Mission employees are expected to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization, and to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screenings.
- Possess a valid Washington State Drivers License and be able to meet the standards of the Mission driver criteria required, including but not limited to:
- Clean driving record
- No current suspensions or revocations
- At least 21 years of age
- Ability to stand, walk or sit for extended periods of time; bend, stoop or reach.
- Regularly lift and/or carry up to 20 pounds.
- Talk on telephone and use computer extensively.
- Ability to wear a mask for the duration of the shift.
Education: Four-year degree in related field required. Degree in Theology or Masters in Divinity preferred.
Experience: 10 years prior experience in local church pastoral care (and/or) education context highly preferred. Demonstrated ability to lead others towards maturity in Christ through teaching, preaching, discipleship and pastoral care required. Experience in an addiction recovery/recue ministry context highly preferred.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
To bring the love of Jesus and hope for a new life to our homeless neighbors.
To see every homeless neighbor beloved, redeemed, restored.
- Sacred Relationships
- Passionate urgency
- Strategic effectiveness
- Courageous Belief
- Innovative and scrappy