Sona Dermatology is growing and looking to add a skilled Senior Accountant to our Corporate team in Dallas, TX!
Are you the one? If you care about people, seek performance-professional fulfillment (achievements, fit, financial), and want to make the world a better place, we would love for you to join us in our pursuit of excellence on our journey to save lives, build relationships for life, and make a difference in the world, one person at a time.
For 20+ years, Sona Dermatology, the innovator, and leader in clinical-1st integrated clinical-cosmetic skincare for life, has been transforming our “center-of-our-universe” clients’/patients’ lives with a personalized continuity of essential clinical care and world-class cosmetic care to ensure results for life (health, wellness, happiness). In addition to Sona’s elite, board-certified Dermatologists who specialize in holistic, integrated skincare (including Mohs surgery), Sona’s industry-leader recognition includes Allergan Black Diamond, Top 1% Anti-Aging/Vitality Injectables, Top 10 Botox, and #1 Coolsculpting (body contouring, fat reduction/weight loss).
At Sona Dermatology, we are a beautifully, dynamically, powerfully diverse community of individuals who value inclusion and aspire to give all of us/each of us (collectively and respectively) the opportunity to achieve our full potential, unencumbered by bias and discrimination resulting from age, ethnicity, gender, race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic position, or political ideology. We choose love over hate, we choose unity over exclusion, we choose assumption of positive intent over accusation, we choose problem-solving over indifference, and we choose defining the future over being defined by the past. In these demanding times, we are lucky to have each other and strive to make a difference, be a positive force for good, offer love and support to those in need, and make the world a better place.
Senior Accountant ____
Senior Accountant is a mission-critical corporate leadership role. You and your team are responsible for accounting/financial leadership and excellence with emphasis on 1. quality of patient care/outcomes, 2. quality of patient experience/service, and 3. overall center-level performance, productivity, value creation across the entire company (20+ existing and new centers).
With extraordinary opportunity and great expectations-accountability, the Senior Accountant enjoys commensurate performance-based compensation (base, benefits, bonus), career/professional development opportunities, and requisite latitude to collaborate, innovate, drive/execute results.
Role / Duties & Responsibilities
Sona Dermatology is searching for a Senior Accountant with extraordinary Excel and organizational skills to join our corporate team. This position will be a key player in the Company’s month end close to report process and for helping ensure financial statements are timely and accurate. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and have strong GAAP accounting knowledge. If you thrive on defining process and organizing data in new and efficient ways, this is the role for you!
- Prepare journal entries for multiple entities and review accounting classifications in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations and ensure supporting workpapers are well documented
- Communicate significant fluctuations
- Manage accounting responsibilities using Sage INTAACT and Bill.com
- Assist with preparation of supporting schedules required for annual financial statement audit
- Assist with the development and maintenance of Accounting policies and procedures
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Other duties as required
Senior Accountant reports to the Controller and partners with Corporate Teams, GMs, Center Teams, and Strategic Partners (Baker Tilly, BOA). The ideal Senior Accountant will work within Sona Dermatology’s Accounting Team and is a leader with strong interpersonal skills, professional and personal integrity, and an effective leadership style aligned with Sona Dermatology’s organizational guiding principles:
- Excellent in Pursuit of Extraordinary
- Sona Derm P1! Servant Leadership
- Integrated-Shared Vision
- Ecosystems, Not Hierarchies
- Culture of Accountability/Urgency
- Breakthrough Comfort Zone DNA
- High Engagement-Participation
- Innovation-Learning Culture
Definition of Success
- Strong member of the Accounting Team /10x Corporate Excellence
- Drive to Financial-ROI Performance to Achieve/Exceed Operating Plan (2021+)
- Deliver Accounting Capabilities to Accelerate Growth/Results and Maximize Value Creation
Capabilities Experience / Expertise / Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred
- Minimum 2 years of audit experience in public accounting
- Strong GAAP accounting knowledge
- Understanding of healthcare accounting including terminology such as Gross Revenue, Net Revenue, Contractual Adjustments, etc.
- Understanding of healthcare accounting including charges, contractual adjustments, and bad debt reserves
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required (VLookUps, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Experience with year-end audit preparation
- Experience with Intacct, Bill.com, Modernizing Medicine and/or other EHR / Practice Management software preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized
- Experience in multi-entity organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Solution oriented mindset