This is a fulltime benefit eligible position
We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals to apply.
Perks of working for Minnesota Community Care
- We cover 70% of your medical and dental benefits
- Career Advancement fund opportunities after 1 year of employment
- Student loan forgiveness opportunities for some roles
- Reduced cost on metro transit
- Our staff thrive in an environment where uplifting each other is one of our core values
The clinical support assistant position supports medical providers in the care of patients in a culturally diverse population within a clinic or respite setting. This position provides direct patient services such as rooming, vitals, health screenings, health information updates, and health promotion activities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- For ambulatory care sites, the clinical support assistant prepares patients for the medical health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room. Verifies patient information by interviewing the patient, reviews and/or records medical history; takes and documents vital signs; and confirms reason for visit.
- For respite sites, screens temperature twice a day, performs COVID symptom screens, and documents findings.
- Document in electronic medical record in an accurate and confidential manner.
- Respond effectively to urgent or emergency situations.
- Sets priorities and organizes work to deliver safe and efficient patient care.
- Other duties as assigned.
As Minnesota's largest Federally Qualified Health Center, Minnesota Community Care ensures that the communities we serve have access to high quality and affordable health care. Approximately 87% of our patients in the 2019 calendar year were people of color from Asian, African American, American Indian or Latino communities, and 98% of our patients had incomes below 200% of federal poverty guidelines.