Title: Associate Director of Software Engineering
Unit: Information Technology
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Status: Full Time; Exempt
Location: Long Island City, NY
The Associate Director of Engineering is responsible for the planning, coordination, and the directing of the organization’s IT Software Development and Integration team, providing technical and team leadership, and facilitating the tasks and activities of the team members. The individual will work with the CTO and Director of Software Engineering on the design of software solutions and initiatives in support of the organization’s information data systems infrastructure and manage and lead the implementation of solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the software development team in the implementation and integration of IT solutions;
- Works with the CTO and Director of Software Engineering on the establishment of the organization’s technical vision, and leads and manages the implementation of that vision;
- Leads the development of solutions providing communication mechanisms and data exchange based on the organization’s Enterprise Service Bus data systems architecture;
- Meets with Managers and Directors to identify issues and provide solutions in support of the organization’s information system needs and data requirements;
- Supports the maintenance of existing information systems and the integration of various systems within, and external, to the organization’s information system infrastructure;
- Perform quality assurance on all work prior to its release;
- Support the documentation of system requirements, UML design diagrams, test plans, training materials, and report specifications;
- Maintains security of all data proprietary to the organization and supports backup procedures of systems in case of system failure or disaster;
- Supports the provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services;
- Supports and provides data for activities involving the measurement of productivity and quality of output, and aid in the development of methods to continually improve results;
- Supports the CTO and Director of Software Engineering in the development of IT department annual budgets;
Supervisory Responsibilities (include if applicable):
Eventually manages 3 employees and oversees work of vendors.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and engaging employees; addressing employee relations and resolving problems.