Our assisted living and memory care unit are located in beautiful Bedford VA is looking for LPNs with open availability. This person must be reliable with dependable transportation.
Opportunity to work additional hours to cover shifts when out with PTO. *We are a drug free workplace*.
Duties and responsibilities
The LPN will assist residents as needed and assess potential areas of concern. Assist DCAs, CNAs and RMAs in the daily duties providing resident care. Assist DON as directed in supervising personnel to assure the highest level of resident care at all times.
Essential Function of the Job
The following job functions have been determined to be essential to the position of a LPN. Because of fluctuations in workload demands, as well as tasks often overlapping, frequency ranges and percentages vary by assignment, day of week, day, evening or night shift, etc. However, low frequency and percentage or duration of time spent on a particular task may not indicate lack of importance. Carriage Hill Retirement reserves the right to modify this list of essential and other functions as deemed necessary.
- Medication Administration as scheduled per resident
- Assist with showering residents
- Assist with toileting residents
- Assist at meal times observing and assisting with feeding when necessary
- Ability to work independently and make recommendations to the DON as necessary
- Ability to redirect residents and staff as needed
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and coworkers
Qualifications & Education Required
Completion of LPN Nursing School
LPN license issued by the state of Virginia