- Strong motivational, innovative, and interpersonal skills.
- Provide leadership in order to influence, develop, and empower associates to achieve objectives with a team approach.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, listening and leadership skills.
- Financial management skills.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with senior and all levels of management within all departments.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and engage and positively impact other.
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Strong attention to details, especially on contractual agreements etc.
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Ability to think in ways as that will produce new concepts and ideas.
- Ability to find a solution for, or to deal proactively with, work related problems in a controlled, focused and professional manner.
- Persuade and Influence
- Motivate, Encourage, Empathize and Inspire
- Creative and Critical Thinking and Analysis
- Goal and Team Oriented
- Problem Solving and Resolution
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Two or more years of college or a minimum of three to five year’s related industry experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Sales and marketing, front office and/or catering and conference services experience a plus.
- Ability to read, comprehend and provide instructions, both written and verbal.
- Ability to effectively present information to individuals and all sizes of groups (i.e. clients, customers, guests, associates, managers etc.).
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to investigate and analyze data, drawing a conclusion and providing recommendations for improvement of hotel revenues through business reviews.
COMPUTER SKILLS (FOR ADMINISTRATION OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS):
- Computer skills required for communication and reporting- Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience with front office systems and Delphi preferred. Knowledge of GDS and OTA web portals as they apply to transient and leisure travel.
- Proficient in Outlook and Internet applications.
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES:
- Must provide valid document(s) to work in the US.
- Valid California Driver License is required (for specific positions).
The work environment at Resort ranges from winter time lows of 30 degrees to summer time highs to 80+ degrees. While performing these duties the employee may be exposed to outdoor and inclement weather conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to:
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Lift 25-50 lbs. (for specific positions)
- Sit, stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Reasonable accommodations made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.