High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Previous Host experience is preferred but not required. Excellent oral communication skills required. Positive interpersonal skills required. Must have the ability to understand and apply written and verbal instruction.
The purpose of this position is to interact with our guests in the restaurant and over the phone and ensure they have a great experience when communicating with and visiting the restaurant. Hosts are responsible for positive guest interactions while greeting and interacting with incoming and outgoing guests. At all times, hosts are expected to be attentive to our guest needs and making them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed. Hosts are expected to have excellent communication skills.
Must be able to work all areas of the restaurant including, but not limited to, point of sale and cash register operations, and food delivery within the dining areas. Position requires standing, bending, kneeling, and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally. May work near toxic/caustic chemicals and with fumes or airborne particles. May work near moving or mechanical parts.
- Prepares the shift by checking for reservations, cleaning and preparing the host and dining area for guest service, laying out menus. Performing all other preparation tasks. Staying updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations, placing all carry-out orders. Greeting guests, seating guests and or placing them on a wait list. Hosts are also responsible for ensuring all exiting guests had a great dining experience.
- Outgoing personality is a must. Always being mindful to ask “how was everything” and the guests leave the restaurant.
- Maintaining appropriate cleanliness of host area(s). Keeping items/menu’s clean and in stock, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor. Filling in for absent staff as needed. Assisting with special events as needed. Greet all guests and owners warmly with an appropriate greeting.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently. Understands and can communicate products and services available at the restaurant.
- License/Qualifications: Varies by location
- This position does represent the company in handling complaints, arbitrating disputes or resolving grievances, as a restaurant host you will be expected to work with guests and visitors to ensure satisfaction. A restaurant host will have to take initiative and get creative in resolving guest challenges and involve a supervisor only when previous methods have been unsuccessful.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates