You are an emerging Mechanical Systems Designer seeking opportunities to work alongside a group of multi-discipline design team members on all phases of a project; you are eager and excited to learn on the job through training and mentoring and you are motivated to take ownership of your career development. You want to be involved in initiatives and activities that advance your career and the Firm. You are a thinker and doer with vision and ideas to share with your teammates. You will make sure the job gets done, and have fun doing it.
About the Role
We are seeking a talented and determined Mechanical Systems Designer for our Hamilton, New Jersey office (conveniently located between New York City and Philadelphia). This exciting opportunity will allow you to work on both local and national projects. A role with construction documentation responsibility, you will also contribute to all phases of the project and you will gain field and client contact experiences. Additionally, you will have opportunities to participate in activities and initiatives organized and led by our Emerging Professionals Group. As an employee-owned Firm, this is YOUR company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job:
- Supports production of mechanical design documents under a senior engineer’s supervision
- Development of reports and design documents, including but not limited to mechanical floor plans, equipment schematic design diagrams, equipment block diagrams, and load calculations.
- Perform computations and analysis for mechanical systems
- Utilize Revit (preferred) and AutoCAD software to prepare project design, construction documents, drawings and visual aids
- Review and write project specifications
- Survey existing building conditions and prepare technical reports of findings
- Collect data and other information for construction documents
- Interacts directly with client on technical issues
- Review shop drawings, submittals, and review/respond to RFI’s
- Review and complete punch lists and project close out documents
- Prepare project progress (and related) reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Update and maintain shop drawing and RFI log
- Manage personal hours and data reporting as required using company tools
- Performs other duties as assigned
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions:
- Firm understanding of the Uniform Construction Code, International Building Code, International Mechanical Code, and other applicable codes/standards
- Intermediate knowledge of designing mechanical systems including water-based HVAC systems utilizing boilers, chillers, pumps, coils and piping distribution systems; air-based HVAC systems utilizing packaged equipment, furnaces, fans and ductwork systems
- Intermediate knowledge of codes, code analysis and specifications for mechanical systems
- Skilled in performing and analyzing load calculations
- Ability to select mechanical equipment types
- Skilled in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail
- Ability to analyze information/data and prepare documents, reports and correspondence, and complete assignments accurately and timely
- Ability to use MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to use Revit (preferred) and AutoCAD
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team, with limited to moderate supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively, oral and presentation format, technical and non-technical information
- Ability to be organized, manage multiple assignments/tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering/Technology from an ABET accredited institution
- EIT preferred
- Three to Five years of mechanical engineering experience required
Lift up to 25 pounds
WHY WORK AT SPIEZLE?
We offer competitive and comprehensive benefits packages. Our full benefits handbook will be forward to you upon request.
- We are an employee-owned company and YES, you will be an owner and receive stock.
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that brings Architecture to the community
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including a 401(k) and ESOP
- Paid AIA membership and Professional License Renewals
- Reimbursement for professional designation exam(s)
- Professional Development opportunities that align with the Firm's leadership succession plan and/or individual development plan. WE WANT YOU TO GET PROMOTED
- Social and team building events
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive pay, bonus opportunities and year-round half-day Friday’s to jump start the weekend
Spiezle Architectural Group is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.
For additional information, please visit our website at www.spiezle.com