The Digital Content Specialist works collaboratively across APA and APA Foundation teams, and with various subject matter experts to coordinate, design, build, test, deliver and measure accessible digital content through APA’s web content management and email marketing systems. This position reports to the Deputy Director, Digital Communications within the Membership & Marketing Division and is an integral part of a department that manages psychiatry.org, a website with over one million global visitors per month and authoritative content on mental health.
The Digital Content (Specialist) is a graduate with a degree in a relevant subject or an individual with some relevant work experience in content creation and HTML / CSS coding. She/he will be able to:
- Explain content and design decisions
- Work collaboratively
- Work independently after being given direction
- Independently identify user issues and needs
- Support content team administration, ticketing, and publishing processes
- Engage with and contribute to APA’s overall digital strategy to engage members and the publi
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Partner with subject matter experts within the organization to understand their content development requirements and translate their needs into well-designed content for APA’s digital properties.
- Build, preview, and deploy content, pages and site sections in the current content management system using its tools and HTML/CSS coding.
- Assist in transition to APA’s new content management platform (Kentico).
- Work closely with the Deputy Director, Digital Communications and department subject matter experts on scheduling, building and deploying appropriate content.
- Manage web content by configuring links, text, images, fonts/colors according to web accessibility guidelines.
- Manage and validate content displays accurately on multiple environments/devices/platforms and is accessible.
- Collaborate with marketing and design teams to plan and develop site content.
- Understand and suggest development updates for APA’s style guide and templates.
Project Management, Work Planning and Metrics.
- Manage requests, communications, development time estimates and design workflow.
- Communicate with internal clients to establish and stay abreast of requirements and timelines.
- Advise subject matter experts on best practices for writing for the web and email; edit copy to align with best practices for web content and APA brand and style guidelines.
- Partner with Lead Designer to develop graphic and video assets in support of content and advertising requirements.
- Assist with development of written materials for email campaigns, blogs, and social posts.
- Support advertising placements on social media platforms, coordinating with Senior Manager, Integrated Marketing to execute campaigns and ensure billing is properly attributed.
- Use Google Analytics to create reports and advise internal clients on opportunities and growth areas for marketing content on psychiatry.org and other APA/APAF sites.
- Participate in other marketing duties as assigned.
Support email campaign design and deployment in APA’s Salesforce Marketing Cloud system.
- Partner with Senior Manager, Integrated Marketing to design, build, proof, and revise accessible and responsively designed HTML emails in Marketing Cloud and deploy to targeted lists.
- Build and iterate email customer journey maps and automated campaigns, implementing and documenting processes, benchmarks and metrics.
- Operate Salesforce-synced systems and lists and APA’s custom email preference center.