Shift4 Payments is the leader in secure payment processing solutions. The company’s groundbreaking technologies help power the top software providers in numerous verticals, including hospitality, retail, F&B, e-commerce, lodging, gaming, and many more. Shift4’s family of software brands includes Harbortouch, Restaurant Manager, POSitouch, and Future POS — with additional integrations to 300+ POS/PMS systems across every industry. With an expansive global footprint that includes eight offices across the U.S. and Europe and over 8,000 sales partners, the company securely processes more than a billion transactions annually for nearly 200,000 businesses, representing over $100 billion in payments each year. For additional information, visit www.shift4.com.
The Gateway Application Specialist I monitors our gateway networks, servers, and applications for problems. They analyze issues, perform troubleshooting and incident response, work with system and network engineers to resolve, and track problems through to resolution.
- Monitor gateway environments and act as first responder during incidents
- Patching and maintenance for gateway servers
- Code deployment and application installation/configuration for our internal products
- Act as an escalation point to our Support and Integrations departments to insure consistent escalations to development or engineering teams
- Participate in the weekly Change Control Request meetings and communicate internal/external notices as required
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for gateway applications including LTM, i4Go, 4Res, 4Word, IYC, and UTG
- Participates in after hours on-call rotation and willing to travel to other business locations as appropriate.
- Perform basic hardware maintenance for servers
- 6mos experience with Shift4 products like Lighthouse Transaction Manager, UTG, i4Go, 4Res, 4Word, and IYC
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- The following skills/tools are not required but are a plus
- PowerShell scripting
- SQL query language
- JMeter, Postman, or other API testing tools
- The following certifications are not required but are a plus
- COMPTIA ITFA+, A+, Networking+, Security+ or equivalent
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- This position functions in a normal office environment and within data centers.
- Ability to work in a 24/7 environment with on-call responsibilities, and the necessity to work extend hours when required to provide operational support.
- Applicant must be physically able to lift 50lbs.
- Applicant must have physical agility to run cabling under raised floors when required.
- Applicant must have physical dexterity to install cabling, and systems in confined cabinets.
- Able to maintain a positive and cooperative attitude in sometimes stressful situations.
- Able to work under pressure to resolve issues affecting production services.
Shift4 Payments provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.