OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Operations Associate will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative support of the World Food Program USA (WFP USA) operations team, which includes Human Resources, Finance & Accounting, Information Technology, Data Analytics, and Office Operations. The Operations Associate performs a variety of resource management and strategic planning tasks to ensure the department functions efficiently to support WFP USA’s mission. The Operations Associate will be integrally involved in the department’s internal processes and works closely with members of the other departments as well as Senior Leadership.
A successful Operations Associate should be highly organized and have a versatile skill set to support various business functions with a diverse range of tasks and the ability to thrive under pressure. The Operations Associate is required to be in the office at least 3 days a week.
- Perform administrative duties such as organizing events, scheduling meetings, collecting and processing mail, answering phones, etc.
- Assist Operations Team managers with preparing monthly expense reports.
- Assist Finance & Accounting in processing donor payments, invoices, and contracts.
- Assist Human Resources with recruitment activities and staff engagement activities.
- Assist Human Resources and Information Technology with onboarding activities to warmly welcome new employees to WFP USA.
- Support the Operations Team with the enforcement of company policies and standards.
- Order and receive supplies and equipment, follow-up with vendors to ensure tax-exemption is applied where appropriate.
- Track daily operations and report or resolve issues.
- Manage the maintenance of office and facility equipment.
- Maintain company databases through data entry and review.
- Make recommendations for business performance improvement.
- Prepare reports on operations activities for management review.
- Provide administrative support to other departments or projects as needed.
- Maintain an orderly and accurate filing system for all processed documents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Support the Accounting Manager in preparing and filing state registrations and other required government filings.