The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW (Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity for Infectious Diseases Grant (ELC))
The Bureau of Division Management & Systems Coordination (DMSC), part of the Division of Disease Control (DDC), is composed of the Informatics, Data and Outbreak Response teams which are responsible for the infectious disease surveillance systems, electronic laboratory reporting workflow and health information exchange. DMSC supports all other DDC bureaus with monitoring and analyzing trends in disease data, used for the recognition, prevention, and control of infectious diseases.
We are seeking to fill a position in the Division of Disease Control that will provide coordination for DOHMH’s COVID-19 work in New York City. It is expected that the position will work up to 35 hours per week. This position will support informatics programs and projects funded under the ELC grant. This person will report to DMSC and routinely liaise with partners across The Division of Disease Control.
- Work closely with the program management team to coordinate logistics relating to cross-functional team needs
- Attend internal meetings to provide status updates and capture action items for program management escalation
- Support project reporting to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention including assisting in the collection of milestone progress updates and tracking the reporting calendar
- Monitor program job listings, track recruitment progress with hiring managers, provide updates on progress and challenges
- Coordinate the DOHMH process for onboarding new staff and contractors, troubleshoot issues with the help desk and see through to completion
- Draft project amendments and redirections as new needs or changes occur and track timeline progress
- Assist with training logistics, collecting vendor quotes and policies, track staff participation, evaluation and future needs
- Process and track invoices for payment with the Fund for Public Health in NYC
- Perform other duties as needed in support of ELC grant projects