The American Psychiatric Association’s (APA) Office of Accreditation and Compliance provides continuing education credit for mental health professionals (psychiatrists, psychologists, and social workers) through the Division of Education’s vast educational portfolio. APA is accredited by ACCME, CESA, and ACE.
The Program Manager, Accreditation and Compliance, is responsible for managing the accreditation processes for APA’s federal grant portfolio: SPRC, MSM, ORN, PCSS, and SMI Adviser and ensuring accredited activities meet appropriate Joint Accreditation standards. The Program Manager also supports APA’s Council on Medical Education and Lifelong Learning (CMELL). This position supports the Director, Accreditation and Compliance in continually assessing and improving accreditation programs to meet the needs of APA’s audiences and standards of respective accreditation programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the primary staff liaison to the Division of Education’s business units: SMI Adviser and the Office of Online Learning.
- Guide accredited education strategy and manage the accreditation processes for APA’s federal grant portfolio: SPRC, MSM, ORN, PCSS, and SMI Adviser ensuring accredited activities meet appropriate requirements.
- Review and approve activity proposals and coordinate the collection of supporting documentation required to meet Joint Accreditation standards.
- Audit approved enduring activities to determine if reaccreditation is appropriate
- Support the APA Council of Medical Education and Lifelong Learning (CMELL) by working with the Director, Accreditation and Compliance and Director, Online Learning to develop meeting agendas and supporting materials, send communications to council members and coordinate completion of action items.
- Assess feedback from educational activities, surveys, and other forms of needs assessments to develop evaluation summaries that will be analyzed on a yearly basis and to make recommendations for improvements.
- Work closely with the Director of Accreditation & Compliance and the Division of Education team to grow APA’s portfolio of accredited education and ensure evolving Joint Accreditation standards are met.
- Be competent in all aspects of the Standards for Integrity and Independence and the Criteria for Accreditation for Interprofessional Joint Accreditation.
- Write, monitor, and update Standard Operating Procedures related to the Office of Accreditation and Compliance.
- Occasionally, travel to and attend meetings to support onsite logistics for APA’s Annual Meeting.
- Other duties as assigned.