This position is open to officing in our Tigard, OR or Seattle, WA locations.
The Business Partner plays a crucial role in the execution of the HR Strategy and HR operations. Partnering with US Programs leaders in support of strategic business objectives, the Business Partner advises and coaches managers and employees in all employee life cycle and talent management elements, including current and future people implications. This role will be part of the USP healthcare management team and actively present HR-related solutions and recommendations, ensuring global consistency around HR standards and best practices.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Function as a Strategic Partner with managers and employees of assigned client groups, including:
- Supporting the growth of US Programs
- Serve as HR lead for any US emergency response
- Serve as HR lead for PSEA compliance and implementation
- Provide coaching and guidance on HR-related issues and challenges. Advise and partner to meet key strategic objectives through relevant and aligned people and organizational interventions.
- Support restructuring and reorganization of USP clinic delivery models, advising management on the process, communication needs, development of job descriptions, labor law compliance, and risks
- Responsible for reviewing and providing recommendations for the implementation of a salary structure for USP clinical staff.
- Become an Employee Champion acting as a single point of contact and intermediary for employees and management, including:
- Advice and support in policy interpretation and application
- Be a voice and advocate for staff
- Provide guidance, coaching, and training to leaders on employee relations issues
- Ensure mandatory annual training for HIPAA, OSHA, Medicaid, among others, are completed to be compliant with Federal, State, and organizational requirements.
- Act as a Change Agent to
- Drive consistency USP on people-related issues, systems, and processes
- Actively partner with business leaders and work with them to collaboratively identify and practice improvement initiatives
- Works closely with hiring Managers to shorten the timeline between identification of personnel needs to job postings.
- Partner with USP and HQ Talent to identify specific recruitment efforts and adequate sourcing options for unique USP roles
- Act as a Functional Expert
- Maintain current understanding of the clients strategy and people-related issues by becoming a valuable member of the clients leadership team.
- Support achievement of organizational objectives by conducting occasional HR audits and compliance checks.
- Works jointly with the Talent team to conduct an effective recruitment process.
- Conduct work investigations in line with the established procedures.
- Deploy into or prioritize US emergency response (up to up to 4 weeks at a time, for no longer than 25% of total work time)
- Utilize volunteers whenever possible.
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult Protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Additional duties as assigned.