Crossings Community Church
a Christ-centered church committed to
live by FAITH, be a voice of HOPE, and be known by LOVE
Job Position Mens Director Young Adult/College Ministry
(Position Description - full-time, salaried, exempt, ministry, and at-will)
Campus Oklahoma City
Young Adult/College Mens Director position provides support to the Young Adult/College Ministry of Crossings Community Church (CCC) thru execution of its day-to-day vision and mission.
The Mens Director will report to the Pastor of Young Adults. This position will also work collaboratively and interact regularly with most departments, staff, and campuses throughout Crossings Community Church as well as Crossings Community Center/Clinic, Crossings Christian School and various vendors, and volunteers as projects are planned and implemented.
- Operations and programming provide support in Young Adult/College Ministry by executing day-to-day vision and mission.
- Primary lead for college ministry
- Oversee college programming
- Assist in young adult programming
- Assist in managing budgets for college & young adults
- Ministry oversee the shepherding and development of young adult & college leaders
- Develop and disciple young adults & college students
- Organize, resource & support YA/College mens small groups & leaders
- Oversees male volunteers & team leaders
- Assist in recruiting & onboarding volunteers
- Lead a small group(s)
- Teach in Sunday school for both college & YAs
- Teach at The Gathering throughout the year
- Assist in planning and execution of college and YA events
- Assist in maintaining the highest possible ministry standards and professional ethics in accordance with the goals, Purpose Statement, and Core Values of CCC
- Support the leadership of CCC, contributing to the spirit of unity among the staff and congregation
- Represent CCC in civic and ministry-related efforts as approved
- Complete any other tasks as may be needed to fulfill this position; as may be assigned to fulfill the needs, mission and goals of the College ministry and the Church
- Attend all staff meetings and events
- Attend Bible study and/or community group
- Complete developmental readings topics covered will include Biblical studies, theology, counseling, pastoral leadership, and teaching.
- Meet weekly with Pastor of Young Adults for development and to review goals and objectives
- Maintain a consistent and growing spiritual life. This includes:
- Daily Bible reading
- Daily prayer
- Church attendance
- Walk in a manner worthy of the gospel of Jesus Christ
- Live above reproach in matters of spiritual judgment
- Live within the bounds of the expectation given in the Crossings Employee handbook
A mature walk with Christ exhibiting the spiritual gifts of administration/organization, leadership, discernment, encouragement, evangelism, hospitality, service/helps, shepherding, teaching and wisdom.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strongly preferred has a positive, humble, enthusiastic , and energetic personality
- Strongly preferred leadership and teaching gift
- Pastoral heart and commitment to shepherding young adults
- Vision for evangelism and discipleship on college campuses
- High capacity organizational leadership
- Strongly Preferred - experience with and ability to learn and leverage relevant technology and social media platforms including Fellowship One, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Undergraduate degree
- ministry training / experience working with college age students preferred
Crossings Community Church, as a religious organization, reserves the right to hire based on religion.