The Digital Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing digital organizing strategies that will lead to supporter growth, increased participation in activism around AIUSA’s priority campaigns, and core programmatic work. The Digital Specialist will support the organizing unit to integrate digital organizing into their strategic plans. This position requires expertise on how to best utilize current digital organizing platforms as well as determining how best to deploy the digital tools currently in use by AIUSA. Working cross-departmentally, the Digital Specialistwill work with the goal of growing AIUSA’s grassroots activists base, while being innovative in exploring various organizing initiatives for the purpose of raising awareness on Amnesty International’s mission, activist engagement, and building local grassroots networks of new human rights activists and supporters.
- Develops and implements national and local grassroots digital organizing strategies, that are centered toward community engagement, human rights education and AIUSA supporter and activist growth.
- Supports organizers by providing digital organizing strategies targeted to the states specified in their portfolios.
- Collaborates with relevant staff and AIUSA member leaders to develop and implement small to large-scale digital actions in key states or cities that grow the numbers of AIUSA activists taking action, support organizational goals, and sustain an organizational presence that is rooted in the community.
- In conjunction with Senior Director of Organizing and the Senior Organizers, determine and implement digital strategies to engage supporters on the ground – bringing them from online to offline.
- Uses testing and data to develop innovative supporter engagement strategies that: build affinity with AIUSA, speak to supporter interests, move them to action, and develops a lasting connection to its human rights work and priority campaigns.
- Manages ongoing optimization and improvement of digital organizing tools, and proactively suggest new tools that may be of use.
- Proactively uplifts issues, observations, opportunities, and insights to the Senior Director of Organizing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Manages peer-to-peer platforms, including setup, script and logic development, and troubleshooting.
- Plays an active role in the development and iteration of the organizing team’s digital outreach through testing and experimentation, data-driven insights, and strategic escalations.
- Supports in developing and implementing comprehensive paid media strategies to increase Amnesty’s base, driving visibility and campaign awareness.
- Drafts and builds emails, text messages, and other content for organizing team, ensuring content aligns with Amnesty’s brand & values.
Cross Departmental Operations
- Partners with specific members of AIUSA’s Impact, Development, and Inclusion & Strategic Innovation departments to determine best practices and impact for AIUSA’s digital organizing strategy, as well as to coordinate and align communication calendars and data collection.
- In collaboration with the Movement Building Department, determines best digital organizing trainings and support for our current membership.
- Working with the Impact & Learning team, tracks and reports on digital organizing efforts.
- Provides digital organizing expertise for our campaign and programmatic work on cross-departmental teams.
- Supports grassroots organizing and engagement initiatives, in collaboration with AIUSA’s Events, Youth & Student Program and Community Networks Program, that will lead to supporter and activist growth and deeper engagement with AIUSA.