Join our mission and help give the most precious gift of all...life!
Imagine starting each day knowing you play a part in saving and enhancing lives. At Live On Nebraska, every day is an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of donor families and individuals waiting for a transplant.
We are looking for a composed and passionate individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment to join our Surgical Services team as an Surgical Services Coordinator. This individual will be an integral part of our recovery team. Responsibilities will include operating room setup/clean-up, organ preservation, surgically recovering non-transplantable organs for research purposes and assisting with paperwork completion after an organ donor case.
The preferred candidate would have at least two years of operating room experience. If you are able to prioritize quickly and have the drive to complete your goals before going home, this opportunity could be the next step in your career.
This position participates in a rotating on-call schedule of 24 hour shifts
to facilitate the recovery of organs.
- Provide organ procurement supplies and instrumentation to the OR staff and assist with proper setup of the operating room.
- Assist with procurement, preservation, packaging, labeling, and shipment of organs.
- Provide support with research organ allocation and recovery.
- Perform kidney pumping and maintain perfusion documentation.
- Maintain inventory, stock and cleanliness of organ procurement supplies.