Requirements: Masters Degree in Counseling or Social Work. At least 3 years of experience working in a clinical setting with adult victims of domestic violence and/or childhood sexual abuse. Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
Certifications: LCSW preferred, LPC or LMFT preferred. LMFT-Associates, LMSWs who have completed a significant number of hours towards clinical licensure will be considered. Clinical Supervision available to LMSW's and no charge.
Licenses: Valid Texas Drivers License
Knowledge and Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience working with victims of trauma.
- Knowledge of domestic violence, including the cycle of violence, power and control and safety planning
- Knowledge of the long term effects of incest/child sexual.
- Knowledge and intermediate skills working with Microsoft Office.
- Experience intervening in crisis situations using sound professional judgment and ethical practice.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of clients and the Program.
- Ability to work some evening hours and weekends, when necessary.
- Ability to relate with adults and adolescents through understanding, respect and open communication.
- Experience effectively working with clients from diverse racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly assess situations with individuals as they present.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Access to and the ability to drive a vehicle to the court house or for other appointments and presentations.
Mental and Physical Abilities:
- Must have emotional and physical stamina to tolerate prolonged sitting or standing to deal with a variety of stressful situations, including responses to complaints, difficult requests from programs and individuals in crisis, while maintaining a calm approach, composure and sense of humor.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as stooping, bending, reaching, and climbing.
- Duties are usually performed seated. Sitting may be relieved by brief or occasional periods of standing or walking.
- Limited amount of physical effort required associated with walking, standing, lifting and carrying light objects (less than 25 lbs.) frequently.
Working Conditions: Duties are usually performed seated with occasional periods of standing or walking. Limited physical effort is required associated with lifting and carrying objects (less than 25 lbs). Work may be performed, but is not limited to an office environment.
Essential Functions: This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description.